What’s in Your Multi-Vitamin
Multivitamins help to fulfill your nutritional needs for the day. These nutritional needs will be based on your age, gender, pre-menopausal or post-menopausal.
- Vitamin A – critical for healthy vision and skin
- Vitamin B – a metabolism booster
- Vitamin C – keeps your immune system strong, especially important during cold and flu season.
- Vitamin D – promotes healthy bones (and your immune system) in combination with calcium
- Vitamin E – for healthy development of muscles and brain function
- Calcium – maintains strong bones
- Magnesium – supports proper muscle and nerve function
- Iron – important for growth in children, maintaining healthy immune system and for energy production
Lets take a moment and highlight a very important vitamin that many don’t give the attention it deserves. Vitamin D plays an important role in many of the bodies functions, to include: promoting absorption of calcium and bone health, boosting immune function, reducing inflammation and protecting against some forms of cancer. The wonderful thing about Vitamin D is you don’t have to eat it to make sure you’re getting your daily dose! Vitamin D is actually produced in your body from the sun’s ultraviolet rays.
Your multi-vitamin may contain additional ingredients based on your needs. Be sure to read the label of your multi-vitamin!